Friday, May 29, 2015

Mighty Win

          I feel the warm air brush against my cheeks as I am sprinting. People in the stands are screeching, "Go TA, you can do it". The cheers surround the team with confidence and push us to our limit. The sound soon fades away as I pass by. I notice two South Portland runners zoom by leaving a trail of wind that hits our skin. I start to pick up my speed, noticing that I'm lagging behind. One, two, three people I pass from the boost in speed. I almost feel invincible and am really picking up the lead at this point. I see the shocked looks on the opponents, since I am about to beat them. 50m, 40m, 30m. People start to catch up. 20m, 10m. I'm almost there and a South Portland runner is right beside me. I feel my lungs about to burst from all the air I'm gasping for. Then, I pass through the finish line. I quickly turn my head to the results board. My name is in first place. I am a true Trojan after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment