Friday, May 29, 2015

Mighty Team

          I look up from the red ruberized track and see a huge crowd cheering us on from the bleacher. We are TA, the mighty Trojans. How could anyone ever beat us? We are the strongest track team in in New England and plan to keep it that way. That's at least what we are hoping for. We all hear the man with the signal gun to get in our running stances. We are against one of our most competitive opponents, South Portland, so we have to try our hardest. Everyone gets in position and the we begin to feel the heat on our backs. It is the hottest day in the summer and I am already drenched in sweat from the anxiety. I feel the pressure coming on as every second passes by. Then the man with the signal gun yells the usual starting commands. "On your mark". "I am totally ready for this, what am I thinking." "Get set". I can feel every heart beat as it thuds on my chest. "Pow", goes the cap gun. Next second I know, I am gliding through the hot summer air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment